Indian dress Maasai dress Zulu dress
- Our differences in the local community (culture)
Somali dance Luo dance
Turkana boy Asian boy Dinka girl
There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
- Differences in wealth and poverty
Luke 18:24 says How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God
- Differences in religion Cor: 10:32-33
Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God. Just do as I do; even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.
ACCEPTING THE NEEDY
James 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?
We are all equally important before God
James 2: 1-4.
My brothers and sisters, believers in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ must not show favouritism. Suppose a man comes into your meeting wearing a gold ring and fine clothes, and a poor man in filthy old clothes also comes in. If you show special attention to the man wearing fine clothes and say, “Here’s a good seat for you,” but say to the poor man, “You stand there” or “Sit on the floor by my feet,” have you not discriminated among yourselves and become judges with evil thoughts?
How the church unites people
When we come together as a church
• We find ways of helping each other
• We encourage and love one another
• We praise and worship God together
• We work together to show faith by helping others
• We share God’s word with others
• We use talents and abilities to serve God and others
I will respect, accept and love my neighbours despite our differences in appearance, behaviour and social status.
- A race is a group of people based on their ____ (language, school, skin colour, location)
- The church unites people by ____ (telling them to attend crusades, encouraging them to love only those who worship with them, encouraging them to share what they have with others, visiting members of their community)
- The church has a duty to promote _____ and help people live harmoniously. (relationship, singing, cleaning, peace)
- In psalms 133:1-3, we learn that living in _______ pleases God ( fear, harmony, wealth, poverty)
- All people are ____ before God. ( poor, obedient, honest, equal)
- The Holy Spirit has given each one of us ______ to be able to help others. (knowledge, talents, wealth, clothes)
- Jesus Christ healed ____ lepers who were considered outcasts by other people. (5000, 10, 70, 12)
- Which parable did Jesus use to teach about helping those in need. (the mustard seed, the good neighbour, the good Samaritan, the rich man and Lazarus)
1.A race is a group of people based on their language.
2.The church unites people by encouraging them to share what they have with others.
3.The church has a duty to promote peace and help people live harmoniously.
4.In psalms 133:1-3, we learn that living in harmony pleases God.
5.All people are equalbefore God.
6.The Holy Spirit has given each one of us talents to be able to help others.
7.Jesus Christ healed 10 lepers who were considered outcasts by other people.
8.Which parable did Jesus use to teach about helping those in need the good Samaritan.