1. Which one of the following is true about most efficient wheels?
A. Wheel must be circular
B. Wheels can have any shape
C. Wheels have same thickness
D. Wheels can rotate only at the center
2. It is true to say
A. Wheels make work easier
B. Wheels make work difficult
C. Only four wheels can move a load
D. One wheel can be used to move anything
3. Which one of the following is true about rollers?
A. Rollers make work difficult
B. Only four rollers can move a cart
C. Rollers make work easier
D. One roller cannot be used to move anything
4. Friction can be reduced by
A. making the surfaces round
B. bringing the surfaces closer together
C. rubbing surfaces aganist each other
D. making the surfaces smoother
5. Which one of following is a way of using a simple tool safely?
A. Use a hammer to drive in a nail
B. Use a saw to drive in a nail on the wall
C. Use a hammer to remove a screw
D. Use scissors to cut a sheet of roofing materials
6. We can maintain simple tools by
A. Storing them anywhere
B. Keeping them away from children
C. Cleaning them anywhere
D. Sharpening them anywhere
7. Which one of the following is important in making a beam balance to compare the masses?
A. The beam of the balance must be sopported at one end.
B. The beam of the balance must be sopported at the fulcrum
C. Both pans for carrying the masses must be identical
D. The beam for the balancemust be supported far from its center
8. Force can be described as
A. a push or a pull
B. energy and pressure
C. prressure and a pull
D. a push and energy
9. Which one of the following is the unit of force?
A. Degree centigrade
10. Which one of the following is true about moving objects?
A. They change position
B. Move in a straigth line only
C. Move in a cicleonly
D. They never move
11. Friction can be described as the
A. energy that stops motion
B. force that oppose motion
C. ability to stop motion
D. heat that oppose motion
12. Friction _____
A. help us to write
B. helps plant to grow
C. is economical to use
D. make us grow
13. Which one of the following is a disadvantage of friction?
A. It wears of your shoes B. Make work easier
C. It produces noise D. It makes us walk
14. Which one of the folowing shows that friction is in action?
A. The surfaces get smooth and slippery
B. The surface get rough when in contant
C. The surface get hot when rubbing over
D. The surface in contant slide over each other
15. Which one of the following shows that friction has increased?
A. The surface in contant wears very fast
B. The surface in contant rub very smoothly
C. The surface involved never come in contact
D. The surface in contact slide gently
16. At which point is the fulcrum in the wheelbarrow below?
A. P B. Q
C. R D. S
17. A example of an inclided plane is a
A. Road winding up a hill
C. fishing rod
D. bottle opener
18. A single fixed pulley
A. makes work very difficult
B. changes the direction of pull
C. reduce friction
D. change the position of the load
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.