The average person produces enough saliva in their lifetime to fill 2 swimming pools.
- Water is a very important component in your body.
- It can take your finger and toe nails a half year to grow an entirely new nail (from base to tip.)
- The muscle that control your eyes contracts about 100,000 times a day(that's the equivalent of giving your legs a works out by walking 84 kilometers).
- Your brain uses about 20% of your oxygen and caloric intake.
- In both kidneys, there are 2 million filters(glomerulus) that when combined clean around 2.6 liters every 60 seconds and push out close to 3 liters of urine everyday.
Human ovaries contain over 500,000 immature eggs, but only about 400 get to mature.
- Everyone has a completely unique smell (except for twins).
- Humans are extremely visual; 90% of the information we gather from our surroundings is from our eyesight.
- It's nearly impossible to tickle yourself.
- A kilogramme of your bones is 4 times stronger than a kilogramme of concrete.
- Your skin is the largest organ in your body; If an adult male's skin were to stretch out, it would cover 1.8 meters squared.
- In order to taste something, our saliva needs to dissolve it (try drying off your tongue and tasting something).
- Human males produce about 10 million new sperms daily (approximately enough to repopulate the entire planet in 6 months.)
- In just 30 minutes, your body can produce enough heat to boil 2 liters of water.
There are more than 300,000,000 blood capillaries in your lungs and if they were stretched out tip to tip they would reach approximately the distance of 3700 Kilometers which like the 7.7 times the distance between Mombasa to Nairobi.
- Your cartilage in your backbone slowly compresses throughout the day and therefore you will be about 1cm shorter when you go to bed tonight compared to when you woke up this morning.
There are 2.5 trillion (give or take) of red blood cells in your body at any moment. To maintain this number, about two and a half million new ones need to be produced every second by your bone marrow. That is about half the population of Nairobi every second! * Every 20 seconds, your red blood cells do a complete circuite of your body. The average red blood cell lives for 120 days.
Considering all the tissues and cells in your body, 25 million new cells are being produced each second.
- Nerve Impulses travel at over 400 km/hr (249 mi/hr).
- A sneeze generates a wind of 166 km/hr , and a cough moves out at 100 km/hr.
- You burn more calories while sleeping than you do when watching television.
- A foetus acquires fingerprints at the age of three months.
- 95% of people feel uncomfortable when the TV volume is an odd number.
- The tallest girl in the world ever recorded was 8 feet 2 inches tall and died at the young age of 17.
- The human heart.
- Children laugh about 400 times a day, while adults laugh on average only 15 times a day.
Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body. If the average man never trimmed his beard, it would grow to nearly 10 meters long in his lifetime.
- We spend 10% of our waking time with our eyes closed while we blink and Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
- Your heart beats around 100000 times a day, 36.5 million times a year and over a billion times if you live beyond 30.
- The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps blood, that it could squirt blood 10 meters.
- In the average lifetime, we spend five years eating and we consume around 7,000 times our own weight in food.
- Adult lungs have a surface area of around 70 square metres!
- Humans have the largest brain in terms of size ratio when compared to other creatures in the world. Elephants are considered as having the largest brain, which is partially true. If the ratio of the whole body and the size of the brain are compared it is only 0.15% in the elephant case; however, it is 2% in the case of humans.
- Over the course of your lifetime, you'll shed 20 kiligrammes of skin.
- Hummans are the only species known to blush.
- 10% of human dry weight comes from bacteria.
- A fingernail or toenail takes about 6 months to grow from base to tip.
- A human being losees an average of 40 to 100 strands of hair a day.
- An average human scaalp has 100, 000 hairs.
- Did_u_know by www.pinterest.com & eLimu used under CC_BY-SA
- df7012c7-62a8-44b0-86c2-255d3f30293b by
https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/topics/uterine/conditioninfo/Pages/default.aspxused under CC_BY-SA
- human_1 by maps.google.com & eLimu used under CC_BY-SA
- ab8eb51d-61d8-4f51-a9cb-dd9fa79f3a3e by eLimu used under CC_BY-SA
- be95c6ad-38cc-4323-b0cb-421af7e5a768 by
www.tetuition.com/secondary/gcse/gcse-triple-science/used under CC_BY-SA
- 33ffcac0-c207-4957-b90a-3d44533f159f by
http://www.drodd.com/html7/human-heart.htmlused under CC_BY-SA
- 672e5f64-63c2-4e33-8b88-361a357540f6 by https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Lungs_diagram_detailed.svg used under CC_BY-SA
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.