Ostriches can run faster than horses and male ones can roar like lions. The dorminant female ostriches seat on the eggs by day while the male ostriches seat on the eggs by night.
Bats are the only animals that fly.
Kangaroos use their tails to balance. If you lift it’s tail, it can’t hop around.
Tigers don’t only have stripes on their fur, they also have them on their skin. No two tigers have the same stripes. Tigers are the biggest species in the cat family. They can reach a length of 3.3metres (11feet) and weigh as much as 300 kilograms.
Flies can jump up to 200 times their height. That’s like jumping from Times Tower(35 floors tall) in Nairobi.
- Pandas don't have particular sleeping spots, they simply fall asleep wherever they happen to be.
- Koala bears almost exclusively eat only eucalyptus leaves and nothing else.
- Butterflies have two compound eyes consisting of thousands of lenses, yet they can only see the colors red, green and yellow.
- Butterflies can taste with their feet.
- Frogs can see forward, sideways and upwards at the same time. They never close their eyes even when sleeping.
- Snakes shed their skin a number of times a year.
- Sea otters hold each others paws when sleeping so they don’t drift apart.
- As humans propose to the ones they love with rings Gentoo penguins propose with pebbles.
- Elephants show love to animals of other kinds.
- Female dolphins are called cows, males are called bulls and young dolphins are called calves.
- Baby bunnies are called kits which is the short form form for kitten. Baby cats are also called kittens.
- Whales support different types of life. Several creatures attach themselves to the skin of whales and live there.
- The roar of lion can be heard from 8 kilometres away.
- Sheeps like staying together in a herd so that its easier for them to move to other pastures.
- Geckos have no eyelids.
A group of flamingoes is called a flamboyance.
A new born kangaroo is small enough to fit in your tea spoon.
- Scorpions can hold their breath for up to six days.
Dogs have better hearing than humans, they can hear four times the distance humans hear.
- Horses have bigger eyes than any other animal that lives on land.
- Cheetahs are the fastest animals in the world. They can accelerate from 0 to 113km in just a few minutes.
- Cows can sleep while standing up, but they can only dream when lying down.
- The sentence “The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog.” uses every letter of the alphabet.
- Even a small amount of alcohol placed on a scorpion will make it go crazy and sting itself to death!
- The flamingo can only eat when its head is upside down.
- A group of owls is called a parliament.
- Some male songbirds sing more than 2000 times each day.
- Gorillas can catch human colds and other illnesses.
- animals_1 by www.pinterest.com & eLimu used under CC_BY-SA
- a103223e-695e-4966-b7ee-c10dd341579b by
www.thedenverchannel.com * eLimuused under CC_BY-SA
- f9c32dc4-6a02-4d6f-8c23-c9bc03af2a35 by
www.pinterest.com & eLimuused under CC_BY-SA
- e127f410-2287-4816-8194-06cfb4c78720 by https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kangaroo_Portrait_(6754298445).jpg used under CC_BY-SA
- 7132ef33-4611-46e0-99cc-979573d3b072 by http://programmes.putin.kremlin.ru/en/tiger/animal used under CC_BY-SA
- 0d887ca9-6a74-4187-85e4-f934f11eeeca by
https://kidsgrowingstrong.org/butterflies/used under CC_BY-SA
- ac2ba73b-0080-427f-a074-ff2a0cb4093b by
eLimuused under CC_BY-SA
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.