Rewrite these sentences using the correct plural form of the nouns. Make necessary changes when required.
Example: The thief broke into my house.
The thieves broke shabby
1. The boy cut his long, shabby hair.
2. A lion is a wild animal.
3. The church bell chimes after every six hours.
4. Anita keeps a white puppy as a pet.
5. Where is the goose that laid the golden egg?
A group of eleephants is called Herd. What are groups of the things in capital letters called?
Replace the parts in bracket by a reflexive pronoun
Example: Peter and Paul said that they would do all the washing by ( Peter and Paul)
Peter and Paul said that they would do all the washimg by themselves.
1. Can you and Onyango do the work by ( you and Onyango).
2. No one should tell (no one) the answer.
3. Fatuma and Halima are old enough to look after (Fatuma and Halima) 4. Mary would do all her homework by (Mary).
5. The footballers had admirers all around (the footballers)
Write these sentences by choosing one word from brackets.
1. (Who , Whom) are (they, them)?
2. It is not (he, him) that i am looking for but (she, her).
3. Neither he nor she (know, knows) what to expect.
4. Its is not for (us, we) to decide.
5. His nephew is older than (he, him).
Arrange the adjective in the correct order and change 'a' into 'an' where necessary.
1. A dress (old,spotted, silk).
2. A girl ( little, delightful, smiling, baby).
3. A watch ( swiss, automatic ,gold).
4. A sword ( sharp, long, double-edged).
5. A pair of glasses ( thick-lensed, old-rimmed,reading).
Rewrite these sentences by changing the words in brackets to the most suitable tense. Make any other changes that may be necessary.
1. He always cry for a reason best known to himself.
2. She (marry) him if he was not as old as eighty.
3. We will have forget all about her if she has not write to us.
4. You (will) come if you (be) invited. (Will not) you?
5. She (go) to the party if she had been invited.
1. He drove the car _____.
2. We walked through the snake park,very _____.
3. It rained _____.
4. She crept under the gate _____.
5. The birds sang _____.
Fill in the blanks with the correct prepositions.
1. Whether there will be a harvest or not will depend _____ the rains.
2. Fatuma never completely recovered _____ the injuriesshe sustained in the car accident.
3. The teacher insisted ____ the bully being punished.
4. They finally succeeded _____ persuading the opposition side to agree.
5. Nobody had yet reacted _____ their letter of complaint.
Fill in the blanks using the most suitable conjuctions.
1. You talk to him _____ you know him well.
2. I will tell you what happened _____.
3. We will not go home ____ it stops raining.
4. _____ far _____ l know,they are not yet married.
5. The thief was followed by the police _____ he went.
Write these sentences by inserting a suitable interjection before each of them.
Example: Ooh, my tooth!
1. How big he has grown !
2. I agree with you.
3.You are the son of Musyoki?
4. The bride!
5. Shame on you!