1. The power of the Government is distributed among the three arms of government which are the ________, __________ and ________.
2. Out of the three arms, ________ is responsible for making laws, and also known as the _________ of Kenya.
3. The parliament of Kenya consists of the _____________ and the ________.
4. Discuss with your friend the membership of both the National Assembly and the Senate.
5. a) State any five roles of parliament.
b) State five functions of the National Assembly.
c) State any five functions of the Senate.
6. What is the composition and functions of the Executive?
7. Discuss the composition and functions of the Judiciary.
1. Which of the following is not the element of the constitution of Kenya?
A. The executive
B. The local Government
D. The Republic of Kenya
2. Which one of the following is not a function of the president ?
A. Appointing the official leader of the opposition
B. Summoning parliament back to session
C. Prorogue Parliament
D. Dissolving Parliament
3. Which of the following elements of the constitution provides for the establishment of the Court of Appeal and Kadhi's court, appointment of Judges and Chief Justice
A. The republic of Kenya
B. The parliament
C. The executive
D. The judiciary
4. Which of the following constitutional amendments was made first after Kenya 's independence?
A. Loss of a parliamentary seat after missing eight consecutive sittings
B. Abolition of the posts of Governor General and Prime minister
C. Regional Presidents were made chairmen.
D. Regions were renamed Provinces
5. Which of the following is a reqiuirement for the implementation of any constitutional change in Kenya?
A. 65% of MP'S Votes
B. 51% of MP'S Votes
C. 10% of MP'S Votes
D. 25% of MP'S Votes
6. Who among the following officers should announce the election results of civic, parliamentary and presidential postions in a constituency?
A. Presiding officers
B. Returning officer
C. Polling clerks
D. District election co-ordinators
7. Who among the following people is not appointed by the President in Kenya?
A. The Speaker
B. Comissioner of police
C. Cabinet ministers
D. Assistant ministers
8. Who is the official leader of government business in Kenya?
A. Attoney General
B. The Vice President
C. The Speaker
D. The Prime Minister
9. Which of the following is the main role of citizens in government and civic life?
A. Electing the President, civic and parliamentary leaders
B. Attending public meetings
C. Paying taxes
D. Participating in development projects
10. The main function of Public Service Commision is _____ .
A. Employing teachers
B. Appointing head of parastatals
C. Appointing public officers
D.Appointing senior civil servants
11. Drafting all governments bills is done by _____.
A. Attorney General
B. Permanent Secretaries
D. Members of Parliament
12. Who conducts criminals prosecutions on behalf of the State?
A. Attorney General
C. Chief Justice
D. Police Commissioner
13. At which stage should minor amendments be made on a bill before it becomes an Act of Parliament?
A. Second reading
B. Third reading
C. Committee stage
D. Presidential Assent
14. Which one of the following is a role of parliament?
A. Endorsing the national budget
B. Nominating councillors
C. Appointing district officers
D. Issuing licenses
15. Disputes between employers and employees or trade unions should be handled by
A. Kadhi's Court
B. Court Martial
C. Industrial Court
D. Semi- Judicial Court
16. Which body in Kenya is responsible for collection of the government revenue?
A. Central Bank Of Kenya
B. Kenya Revenue Authority
C. Kenya Ant-Corruption Authority
D. Parliamentary Select Committee
17. Which of the following is not a form of government expenditure?
A. Payments of civil servants
B. Repaying laons acquired externally
C. Provision of essential services
D. Paying private companies
18. Who among the following audits the government?
A. Official leaders of opposition
B. Kenya Anti-Corruption Authority
C. Public accounts and investments committee
D. Central Bank of Kenya
19. The following are sources of the government revenue except
B. Salaries paid to civil servants
C. Loans and grants
D. Interests on loans issued
20. Which one of the following local authority councils is found in each district in Kenya?
A. Municipal council
B. Area council
C. Country council
D. City council
21. Paul wants to start a hawking business in the busy town of Busia. Which office should he visits in order to get his trading license?
A. Police Station
B. Chief"s office
C. Urban council ofices
D. Dc's office
22. Financial support provided by the Central Government to the Local Government is known as _____ .
A. CDF B. LATF
C. PAYE D. VAT
23. Which of the following national defence units is used in marine combart?_____.
A. Kenya Army
B. Kenya Navy
C. Kenya Air force
D. Police force