1. which one of the following is NOT a sense organ?
A. The skin B. The eye
C. The nose D. The heart
2. Our sense organs detect various senses. Which one of the following is NOT detected by the skin?
A. Pain B. Temperature
C. Sweat D. heat
3. ____ Cannot be detected by the eye?
A. Mass B. Depth
C. Distance D. size of the object
4. Which one of the following is not a gesture?
A. Sign language B. Eacting
C. Shrugging D. Smiling
5. The set of teeth in human beings used in chewing food are the
A. Molar and incisors
B. Molars and canines
C. Premolar and canines
D. premolars and molars
6. As a new born baby grows, which type of teethappear first?
A. Canines B. Molars
C. Incisors D. Premolars
7. Which one of the following is NOT a part of the breathing system?
A. Diaphragm B. Oesophagus
C. Bronchus D. Trachea
8. When we breath in, the diaphragm move
A. downwards B. upwards
C. side to side D. sideways
9. Standard eigth pupils of Ugali Primary School did an experiment with the apparatus shown below.
10. What did they observe when Q was pulled downwards?
A. The organs P become smaller
B. The organs P become swollen
C. Q moved sideways
D. Q expanded
11. Which organ excretes excess water and salt in the body?
A. Lung B. Liver
C. Anus D. Kidney
12. Study the diagram below.
At which position does the absorption of food take place?
A. P B. R
C. Q D. S
13. Which of the following statement is true about digestion?
A. It is the process of breaking down food into particles that can be easily absorbed by the body.
B. It the process of eliminating waste product from the stomach and finally out of the body.
C.It is the process of eatind food to get into the body so that we get satisfied.
D. It is the process of breathing i air that is rich in oxygen and removing air that is rich in carbon dioxide.
14. Which one of the following is NOT a component of blood?
A. Plasma B. Capillary
C. Red blood cell D. Plateles
15. The diagram below shown the reproductive system in females.
Which one of the following is NOT a function of S?
A. Place where sperms are deposited.
B. The passage through which the body passes urine.
C. Place through which some excretion occurs
D. Place where fertilization occurs.
16. The diagram represents a simplified blood circulation system.
Which pair of blood vessels carry de-oxygenated blood?
A. X and Z B. W and Z
C. X and Y D. W and Y
17. Which of these changes is NOT a physical change during adolescences?
A. Growth of a beard
B. Broadening of shoulders
C. Enlargement of breast
D. Showing moodiness
18. Which of the following correctly shows how a baby develops in the womb?
A. Baby ---> foetus ----> embryo ----> zygote
B. Embryo ----> foetus ----> zygote ----> baby
C. Zygote ----> embryo ----> foetus ----> baby
D. Zygote ----> foetus ----> embryo ----> baby
19. Which set correctly shows how urine travels from the kidney out of the body?
A. Ureter ----> urethra ----> bladder
B. Ureter ----> bladder ----> urethra
C. Urethra ----> bladder ----> ureter
D. Urethra ----> ureter ----> bladder