1. At the end of the year, all the pupils are expected to ______.
2. The school captain organises to ______.
3. Do they intend to _____?
4. Many people forgot to ______.
1. The younger farmer (keep) waiting for the rain in vain.
2. The thieves (plan) to rob the highway supermarket.
3. The bishop (call) on the worshipers to remain (calm) while the service continued.
4. All the members of our club (decided) to pay the registrations fee.
5. Who has (decide) to say no to drug abuse?
1. All the class eight candidates are sitting _____.
2. Having done my interview, I am expecting ______.
3. Mary is visiting her _____?
4. The graduates are getting employed ______.
1. A cow ______ us with milk.
2. Teacher ______ knowledge to their pupils in order to make the become responsible citizens.
3. The school bus ______ approximately thirty passagers.
4. Babies usually _____ when they feel unconfortable.
1. Most people ______ (get, have, will) influenced into drugs by their best friends.
2. People who ______ (took, drank, take) alcohol end up neglecting thier families.
3. When one ______(gets, are, has) into using hard grugs, he becomes their slaves.
4. I ______ (drinks, drink) tea every afternoon.
5. The priest ______ (pray, prayed, prays) every morning.
1. Nyakio loves to go on picnic on the hills neighbouring our school.
2. People must be trained to solved petty matters on their own.
3. What are you trying to tell the impatient crowd?
4. pupils prefer to write their composition in pen instead of pencil.
1. What were you doing at five o'clock in the morning?
2. What were you reading at 11:45 am on Monday last week?
3. Where were you going when the accident happened?
4. What were the children doing outside when the lightning suddenly struck the school.
1. I love ______ in the pool. Nothing relaxes by body better than that.
2. The denied ______ the crime before the magistrate.
3. She prefers _____ magazines and newspapers to watching television.
4. I detest ______ a film which will make me have nightmares.
1. Alongside Brazil, Kenya has been ______ (export) coffee to the international market.
2. We have ______ (buy) milk from our neighbour since he bougth a cow.
3. He cannot take any food because ______ (fast) for a week now.
4. The family ______ (enjoy) visiting places of interest during the christmas season.
1. The family bought provision from the local supermarket.
2. My mother took me to different supermarkets in order to find out which one sells items at a fair prices.
3. What did you do all this time?
4. If you did not make any profit, you would have closed your business by now.
1. George rings the bell after every thrity five minutes.
2. He put his money in his pockets and leaves for the market.
3. He loses all his documents when he travells abroad.
4. She feels worried that the doctor will diclose his HIV status.
5. He says that he learned a lot after joining college.
1. All along, the candidate has been expecting to perform well in the examination.
2. We have been arriving in the school compound before sunshine.
3. Thousands of birds have been migrating to Africa for far distances because their natural habitats have been destroyed by human activities.
4. The kidnappers have been avoiding the police dragnet but this time round they are not lucky.
5. The new factory has been emitting dangerous fumes of smoke into the atmosphere and it has been closed down.
1. He rejected the offer for his own reasons.
2. Sarah is found of putting on airs whenever she is presenting a show.
1. My friend turned down the offer of the job she was given.
2. Not only was his attack good but also his defence.
A. The defence as well as the attack was good
B. The attack was better than the defence
C. Only the attack was good but not the defence
D. The defence was not better than the defence
1. A pickpocket _____ my mobile phone last evening.
A. put up with
B. made away on
C. made away with
D. set away with
2. Some people start _____ soon after they test positive for HIV.
A. dropping out
B. breaking down
C. fading away
D. getting over
3. The pupils will recover time lost.
A. make for
B. make up for
C. make up
D. make out
4. The authorities intend to demolish the old building.
A. bring about
B. bring up
C. bring down
D. bring in