1. Which one of the following shows the presence of air in the surrounding?
A. Feeling moving air
B. Smelling moving air
C. Touching air
D. Hearing air
2. Which one of the following can easily be used to tell the presence of wind?
A. Cart B. Wheel barrow
C. Kite D. Arrow
3. Which one of the following activities can show that moving air is useful?
A. Winnowing B. Running
C. Cooking D. Lifting things
4. _____ is an effect of moving air?
A. Felling trees B. Flowing rivers
C. Moving cars D. Dissolving solids
5. The presence of air in a solid can be shown by?
A. Bubbles of air from a glass full of solid submerged fully in water
B. Soke from soil as it is being heated
C. Humus in soil
D. The colour of the soil
6. Which one of the following objects floats in water?
B. Metalic ring
C. Block of wood
7. _____ would sink in water?
A. Balloon full of air
B. Empty closed tin
C. Closed tin full of water
8. The factors that affect floating or sinking are?
A. Shape, weigth B. Shape, material
C. Material, size D. Length, heidht
9. Which one of the following statements shows the relation between pressure in liqiud and the depth?
A. The deeper you go in liquids the more the pressure
B. The deeper you go in liqiuds the less the presure
C. The deeper you go in liqiuds the pressure is the same
D. The deeper you go in liqiuds the pressure disappeares
10. Which one of the following symbols is used for temperature?
11. Which one of the following shows the effects of heat on matter?
A. Freezing, melting, evaporation
B. Melting. rotating, evaporation
C. Rotating, freezing, condensing
D. Evaporation, condensing, rotating
12. Which one of these are the characteristics of matter?
A. Shape, volume and mass
B. Shape and mass only
C. Mass and volume only
D. Shape and volume only
13. _____, _____ and _____ are the correct three state of matter?
A. Liquid, gas, heat B. Heat, air water
C. Solid, liqiud, gas D. Air, fire, wind
14. Which one of the following is the correct composition of air
A. Nitrgen, carbon dioxide, inert gases, smoke
B. Oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, inert gases
C. Water vapour, oxygen, carborn dioxide, smoke
D. Nitrogen, oxygen, inert gases, water vopour
15. The correct propotion o nitrogen in the air is?
A. 87% B. 78%
C. 21% D. 12%
16. Whic one o the following solids dissolve in water?
B. Table salt
C. Iron filling
17. Which one of these liqiud do NOT dissolve in water?
A. Cooking oil and kerosene
B. Fresh milk and water
C. Water and kerosene
D. Tomato sauses and water
18. _____ is a way of separating two non-soluble mixture?
A. Decanting B. Dissolving
C. Adding water D. Burning