1. It is true to state that the environment is
A. composed of soil, air and water only
B. all that surronds an organism
c. the habibat of an organism
D. composed of plants and animals only.
2. Which one of the following is a non-living component of the environment?
A. Rocks B. Grass
C. Antelopes D. Bacteria
3. Which statement best explains what is meant by the word pollution?
A. Not exercising environmental conservation
B. Being unclean
C. Making the environment unclean
D. Failureto recycle water
4. Which one of the following will not NOT pollute the air?
A. Dust B. Chemicals
C. Smoke D. Trees
5. Which of the following does NOT expose you to pollution?
A. Cooking ugali using wet firewood
B. Paintng the cow shed
C. Spraying the crops in the farm using pesticides
D. Watching news at home in the evening
6. The kind of pollutiont that mostly affect people in rural ares is
B. Raw sewage from broken sewage pipes
C. Uncontrolled garbage
D. Motor vehicle exhaust fumes
7. One of the following is NOT a method of pollution control. Which is it?
A. Driving well-serviced motor vehicles
B. Planting grass as ground cover on bare ground
C. Burying domestic waste such as polythene bags
C. Selling old papers to a recyling company
8. A pollutant is not
A. Excessive use of fertilizer
B. Excessive use of pesticides
C. Exessive soft sound
D. Exessive loud noise
9. Rotting of dead organic matter tend to
A. make our environment unclean
B. add nutrients to parts of the physical environment
C. reduce the number of plants in the environment
D. reduce the number of animals in the environment
10. Which one of the following is not an air pollutant?
B. Bruning of bushes
D. Using insecticides
11. Which one of the following is no an effect of air pollution?
A. Acid rain
B. Respiratory disorders
C. Blurred vision
D. Watre borne- diseases
12. Air-borne diseases are caused by
A. drinking dirty water
B. breathing in contaminated air
C. planting crops in contaminated soil
D. aerosol spray