- Immunization is giving medicine to protect the body against certain diseases.
- Protecting the body makes the body resistant to the particular diseases.
- The medicine is given in form of a vaccine.
- The vaccine helps the body to fight and kill the germs causing diseases.
- The action of giving a vaccine is called vaccination.
- Vaccination can be administered by injections.
- Injection is introducing the vaccine into the body by using a needle mounted on a syringe.
- When a vaccine is given through the mouth we call this oral vaccination
An immunization schedule shows disease the vaccine and the age at vaccination
In this topic we have learned that:
Immunization is giving medicine to protect the body against certain diseases
The immunization schedule shows disease the vaccine and age at vaccination