- Who was the first missionary arrive at the coast of Eastern Africa in 1844?
- The first mission station was built at ___ near Mombasa
- The first European to see mount kilimanjaro in 1848 was ___
- Johannes Ludwig krapf was the first European to discover mount ___
- Johannes Ludwig krapf
- Johann Rebman
- Mount Kenya
- Spread Christianity
- Discover the source of R.Nile
- Stop the influence of Arab slave traders in Eastern Africa.
- Stop the spread of Islamic religion in Eastern Africa
Dr.David Livingstone worked in Eastern and central Africa
His work as a missionary. In 1845 left Botswana. 1849 converted chief sechele at kolobeng mission station in Botswana. As a missionary he only converted one African.
DR.DAVID LIVINGSTONE AS AN EXPLORER
Between 1854-1856 he travelled across Africa,from Luanda in Cameroon to Indian ocean.
The map shows Livingstone's journey.
He travelled light
His journey met many opposition
Powerful chiefs and tribes
In 1862 reached lake Malawi. In 1864 he returned home in Europe.
In 1866 he returned to Africa to Zanzibar to seek the source of river Nile
He travelled around lake Tanganyika and river Lualaba to prove that they are the source of river Nileand confirmed that they not the source of river Nile. He was the first European t o see lake Banguelu in Zambia and Mweru in 1867.
In 1869 got sick in the jungle but was saved by Arab slave traders. He suffered pneumonia,cholera and tropical ulcers when he arrived at ujiji
1871; he witnessed 400 slaves being mascared. He also met with Henry Morton Stanley who was sent look for him.
He applealed for European countries to help stop slave trade. He asked for more missionaries to come to African. He established many mission stations in Africa in Tanganyika( Tanzania). He ddied in1873 in Zambia.
5.Who came to eastern Africa to look for Dr. David Livingstone
6.In which year did Dr.David Livingstone die?
2. missionary and explorer
4. Dr.David Livingstone
5. Henry Morton Stanley
6. 1873 in Zambia
- 091dcffa-0514-466a-bfbc-ffef5a57ee1a by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 27823197-84c0-4fbd-8041-5e4a8f45d920 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 82239fab-e7d6-4f69-bf0e-a1f088d9faff by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 9398b7c0-fb8c-4e13-b041-2b4c596cc825 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- af0e2501-4b86-4d82-bdae-692a1dcf5903 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- dc2dc772-afdf-42c2-a848-5031669200ef by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- ebd3ab79-2c9e-437d-a164-77b00a2e5789 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 2798619b-952a-4d45-b1e5-5a16ab00cd99 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 36a58b8b-f3aa-4f19-9f3a-77ae880c9a09 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 3eb3987d-813d-44f9-b5c7-db1313aaa3a6 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 43100860-c2ef-4286-9c1f-e573c6f89a88 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 53b90434-d83d-4cda-9a08-0e27b7f814ba by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 69a9ca0d-c713-42a7-a87f-699d0b584a11 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 973f2538-b4bc-4348-873a-cb15b1dca728 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- c221983e-273f-497c-9bae-942ce8a8fc02 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- c58665be-3db8-40ac-98de-d749bc34a602 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- d8a245b3-4ebd-4c57-b618-d5540e00188b by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- eeb5315f-8aa7-48f9-8f3d-5000954651e0 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.