What is forgiveness?
- When one wrongs another person, he or she should accept and confess to let go the wrong.
- To be forgiven one need to repent. To repent is to be sorry for the mistakes you have made.
When is one forgiven?
- When they ask for it.
- At the choice of whoever has been offended, without the offender being sorry. Forgiving as a deliberate choice.
1. To forgive them.
a) If you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly father wil also forgive you.
2. To bear with them.
b) Bear with each other and forgive one another just as Christ forgave you.
3. To rebuke them, forgive without counting the number of times.
c) Rebuke your brother or sister when they sin, if they repent forgive them. Even if they sin, repent and turn to you seven times a day, forgive them.
4. To be kind and compassionate to them.
d) Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgive one another.
5. Accept and confess
e) If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us. He will cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
6. To believe that He forgives.
f) God blots out our transgressions and remembers our sins no more.
g) No matter how scarlet our sins are, God shall make them as white as snow.
h) God pardons sins
7. To repent to them that we've wronged and also to God.
i) Repent and turn to God for times of refreshment.
8. To observe forgiveness before offering prayers.
j) Forgive anyone who has wronged you before you offer your prayer to God.
9. To know that there is newness with Christ after forgiving.
k) The old has gone, the new is here.
10. To understand that God is mercifull and forgiving.
m) The Lord our God is mercifull and forgiving, even though we've rebelled against him.
11. To understand the purpose of the blood of Jesus.
l) Jesus shaded his blood for the forgivess of sins of all mankind.