Formation of the Rift Valley by Grace Githongori
What is Rift Valley?
Rift valleys are long, narrow depressions on the earthsurface bounded by more or less parallel faults. A rift valley is also known as a graben. Rift valleys are thought to have been developed either from the action of tensional forces in the crust or from the action of compressional forces.
- Tensional Forces occurs when the earth crusts are forced to move apart from each other.
- Compressional Forces occurs when the earth crusts are forced to move towards each other.
Watch this video to see the Rift Valley in Africa
Which physical features are found on the floor of the Rift Valley?
- 0c95dcc3-fa9c-4565-9af2-b0839cc69ce5 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 306a6939-7b04-4b3d-9d85-5db555d418a1 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
- 9113f7c5-a47a-43b7-9c66-f9b033045690 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.