What is obedience?
- It is defined as “dutiful or submissive compliance to the commands of one in authority.”
- “Dutiful” means it is our obligation to obey God, just as Jesus fulfilled His duty to the Father by dying on the cross for our sin.
- “Submissive” indicates that we yield our wills to God’s.
- “Commands” speaks of the Scriptures in which God has clearly delineated His instructions.
- The “one in authority” is God Himself, whose authority is total and unequivocal.
- For the Christian, obedience means complying with everything God has commanded. It is our duty to do so.
- obedience by quotesgram.com used under CC_BY
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.