Importance of the Constitution
- Is the highest law of the land and all the other laws made conform to it.
- Describes the structure of the government.
- Outlines the operations and powers of all organs of government.
- Outlines the rules and regulations on how politics of a country are to be conducted.
- Outlines the rights and freedoms of citizens.
- Outlines the controls against abuse of power by those in leadership.
- Describes the composition and functions of the Legislature, the Executive and the Judiciary.
- Describes the court system and the powers of different courts.
- Outlines ways that the government is allowed to acquire and spend funds.
- Describes property ownership system.
- A country without a constitution would be chaotic because it would mean that there are no regulations to control the behaviour of its citizens.
By accepting the new constitution Kenyans usher in a new dawn.
- county_and_national_gvnt_1 by http://www.cartoonnetworkhq.com & eLimu used under CC_BY-SA
- rights_1 by http://www.cartoonnetworkhq.com 7 eLimu used under CC_BY-SA
- Judiciary by standardmedia.co.ke & eLimu used under CC_BY-SA
- vision_2030_1 by unknown & eLimu used under CC_BY-SA
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.