The body is the temple of God
(Romans 12:1 - 2, 1 Corinthians 6:13, 19 - 20)
- God bought us.
- He paid for us with the blood of Christ.
- We should therefore honour Him and our bodies because we belong to Him.
- Sins against the body such as sexual and drug abuse are sins against the Holy Spirit for He dwells in us.
- The Bible says that we should offer up our bodies to God as a holy sacrifice to be used for His purpose.
- We should therefore not let other people spoil our sacrifice.
- We should seek God’s will for our lives and follow it.
a) Our body and drugs/drug abuse
(Ephesians 5:18) Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
---- and be not drunk with wine, in which is dissoluteness, but be filled in the Spirit, ---
Some of the drugs include: Cigarettes, bhang, cocaine, marijuana, Heroin etc.
These drugs affect our body systems in different ways such as:
- Cigarettes cause lung cancer, chronic bronchitis, tuberculosis, heart diseases, high blood pressure, asthma and pneumonia.
- Cigarettes contain tar, nicotine and carbon which are harmful to our bodies.
- Bhang causes irritation and pain in the lungs, deteroriation of the brain cells, distorted perception, reduced fertility, in women, hostility and careless behaviour.
b) Sexual misuse
(Romans 1:24 - 27)
- We should not dishonour the body by satisfying it's sinful sexual desires.
- Men should not marry fellow men - 1Corinthians 6:9-11.
- The wicked because of their immoral practices will not see the kingdom of heaven - Galatians 5:19.
- Prostitution, homosexuality, rape, incest, adultery and fornication are all ways of sexual misuse
- Sex is allowed only in marriage.
Effects of sexual misuse (Deutronomy 28:20-22)
- There are STIs (Sexually Transmitted Infections) and STDs (Sexually Transmitted Diseases) which are very dangerous to our health. Some of these are:
1. Syphilis - affects the blood and the spinal chord.
2. Gonorrhea - causes sterility and blindness in children born to an infected mother.
3. HIV/AIDS - No cure on earth except for the intervention by GOD Himself.
- Early pregnancies are another result of sexual misuse. Pupils, especially the girls drop out of school in order to take care of the baby.
- Sexual misuse can also result to early marriages, abortions, guilt and stress both to the affected and their families.
- help by google used under CC_BY-SA
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.