Travel time-tables show departure and arrival times for air flight, bus and train journey.
Most often, the 24-hour system is used in travel time-tables.
Look at the example below
3 trains A, B and C operate between P, Q, R and S. Use the table given to check the times.
Work out in 12 hour system
- The time the last train leaves Town P
- The time the last train arrives in Town S
- The time taken by Train A to reach Town S from P
- The time Sala arrives intown S If she lives in town Q and works in town R from 8:30am to 1:00pm.
(a) departure is 1225 h which is 12.25 p.m
(b) arrival is 1505 h which is 3.05 p.m
(c) departure time from P is 0520 Arrival time at S is 0805 h Time taken = 0805 – 0520 = 2h 45 min
(d) Sala boards train A in town Q at 0555 h and arrives in town R at 0655 h. After work she boards train C at 1405 h and arrives in town S at 1505 h which is 3.05 p.m.
- Travel_img1 by
wikipediaused under CC_BY-SA
- Travel_img2 by
elimuused under CC_BY-SA
- Travel_img3 by elimu used under CC_BY-SA
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.