The possession shows that the noun belongs to proper nouns.
An apostrophe is used to show possession in a sentence.
Look at these examples:
1. (a) The girl took the ball of the boy.
(b) The girl took the boy’s ball.
2. (a) They print and publish the books of the children.
(b) They print and publish children’s books.
3. (a) She is a member of the association of nurses.
(b) She is a member of the nurses’ association.
- Nurse by pinterest used under CC_BY-SA
- Possession_children_books by Johnny Wyatt blog used under CC_BY-SA
- Possession by Various sources used under CC_BY-SA
All work unless implicitly stated is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.